Saturday, October 29, 2011

food and fashion=ma vie. duhs.

[stole this from annie.]

last last thursday, after my french 457 class, we decided to do ourselves a little shopping.
but not without going to hure, the bakery of bakeries, first.
 [umm, this roll had apple and camembert cheese in it. pretty much blew my mind and changed my life forever. and now i desperately<--literally took me about ten tries to figure out how to spell it correctly, you're welcome, want to try making an apple pie with camembert cheese in it. don't hate, it's amazing.]
[a piece of alsacienne<--there's a red squiggly line underneath and i just don't give a dang, tart. it tasted a lot like yummy apple pie with almonds on top. so yeah, it was basically amazing.]

as you can see, i totally scored. seriously, i could not have been more proud of my random choices [the worker yelled at me to order basically the second i walked into the store].

we went and walked around, doing some window shopping. i've been looking for the perfect pair of two similar but different types of shoes. everybody is wearing them here and i've been in love with them, even before i came out here. okay, not in love, more like in like. but i'm in a better place now and i'm ready to commit and start a relationship with them.
[found here. they don't look super cute in this picture, and these aren't even the specific ones i want. just the style. oh gosh, i love them.]
[found here. again, a much cuter version of these, but this kind of idea. also, no studs in the front. that's tacky.]

yup. i'm in love and i don't care who knows it. and i want them both. so yeah, we'll see how that all goes down the the michelle paris fund. i must consult my budgeter [non-existant, yikes] first, of course.

after looking in a few shops, we had no such luck. actually, it was more like we went shopping for a few hours, and everybody else found things they loved, and i had no such luck. it sucked. so discouraging. i was so very discouraged. and what else to cheer me up then to go to a little place by the tuileries called smooth and cake :] me and sam spotted this place about a month ago, and have been dying to try it because they have smoothies, which basically, nobody has heard of in this country because they aren't made anywhere. and i hardly every crave smoothies, but i'm also a firm believer in "you want what you can't have". unfortunately.
 [milk, tart orange juice, strawberries, and pineapple sherbet.]
[gosh, i look tired.] 

after that, we went over to the tuileries gardens and sat by a fountain where they had boats that you could rent and push around with sticks. it was so adorable! we stalked a little boy playing with his boat as well. 
 [both pictures stolen from sam. thanks sam!]

annie had told us of this really cool shoe store out by where she lives, so me and tiff decided to finally come out and check it out [i was dying to see if they had a good pair of either of my shoes that i want]. when we got out there, we looked at the store, and they had a cute version of the flat boots that i want, but not in the color that i wanted, and in my size. LAME. i was definitely saddened by this fact. we walked a little more down the street and found another shoe store, where i proceeded to find the most adorable pair of the flat chukka's ever. 
they were kind of a dark tan with some brown-ish coloring in some places to look worn, and they were suede. only problem was that they were 85 euro. yiiiikes. the other pair i had been looking at were 40 euro, but not the best quality, and not even in the color/size i wanted. and the 85 euro ones were absolutely perfect! but i didn't want to impulse buy them, so i decided to wait on them, and if i couldn't get them off my mind for awhile, i would go back and carpe the shoes. all in good time...

we hurried back for dinner with our host mom, which was an unusual combination...
[so yeah, this is basically a hot dog, some tortellini, some hummus, a scone with raisins, and mustard. what the h are you feeding me, madame percin?]

so she switched from a hamburger to a hot dog. the food's fine, don't get me wrong. and yes, it keeps me alive and i am happy. its just very interesting how her mind must think when she puts together dinner combinations. "oh my gosh, you know what would go so well with this hot dog? a raisin scone! and maybe some hummus!". don't really know what classification of food this is, but we'll just call it "grandma biasi" style aka whip up whatever random crap you have.

and for dessert, the beloved dark chocolate-like snack pack pudding cup:]
[the tiniest spoon of my life. maybe she's trying to control my portion sizes? who knows.]

all in all, i will find the perfect pairs of those shoes. i'm on a mission. also, i will work up the courage to tell my host lady i like other meats than ones that you barbeque. we shall see, i guess.

2 comments:

  1. This post was funny!!! I mean all of your posts are funny but for some reason I didn't see this one before. And when I talk to all of your secret readers (because lots of my friends are secretly stalking your blog) they all mention how funny you are. I think they should just leave comments...oh well. Their loss.

    I think that I might have dreams about that apple/cheese tart. I have a weakness for cheese danishes and this one looks 1000 times better than any one that I have ever had. The weird hotdog dinner doesn't look so good though. Why would she feed you this when Paris has such yummy stuff? I dont get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Lori . . . I sometimes read without comment . . but you are just plain FUNNY . . I miss you!

    ReplyDelete