Tuesday, November 1, 2011

bois de bologne/louis vuitton park=happy times for michelle & co.

[just chillin' with louis.]
last last friday, a couple of us [me, tiff, sam, riley, anna, kelly, annie] decided to go out to this park/forest that riley and anna had supposedly seen and said was really cool, like central park cool. we didn't have any other plans set in stone aka we had basically just woken up, so we decided to try it out. it was all the way out by la defense, but definitely worth it. 
after getting lost a little bit, we finally found it. just in case anybody's wondering, the official name of the forest/park is bois de bologne, or something like that. yup, that's in the "official name". "something like that". i know, i'm cool.
okay, anyways, we got there, and right off the bat, we find this park area that's fenced off and has all these really cute different colored statues!
[if i could tag myself, i'd be the pink one. just sayin'.]
adorable.
random fact: it's owned by louis vuitton. uhhh, thanks big guy? seriously, so random.
we saw a little train that goes through the park and forest, and decided to go ride it. we went to buy tickets and the worker guy told us that if we waited until the next day [saturday], that they would be a big fair going on and the train/other fun things would be free all day if we wanted to wait. ummm, SCORE. 
so instead, we decided to ride bikes together through the forest, which was so much fun. here are some pictures from the ride. 
[right before i crashed. okay, in my mind.]
 [anna was killin' me all day spread-eaglin' it.]

[no, that's not a clown, that's me.]

[adorable little tiffykins.]

the park was absolutely gorgeous. i tried to take as many pictures as i could, but sadly, i’ve lost my skills as the one-handed bike rider [used to be pro, won the world olympics for that three years in a row]. 

we also did a little mini-photo shoot. compliments of an old italian man.



[courtesy of riley and anna's cameras.]
we only had the bikes for an hour, so we turned them back in and walked over to a patisserie for a lil somethin’ somethin’ aka a nut tart. 

this thing was basically pecan pie heaven. i’ve had a few nut tarts in my day and this one is definitely on the top of my list. 
we were all going to be meeting that night with the rest of the girls to try out a fondue restaurant, so we decided to split up until then and do our own thing. me, sam, and tiff decided to check out the conciergerie, which was part of a paris walk we had done a week before and not finished. we got there and they let us in, and then they told us it was closed. seriously, what the heck? they even made us wait in line and go through security and get all patted down [kidding]. apparently there was some 20 euro concert going on that they wouldn’t even give any discount to students. whatever, we didn’t want to come to your dumb concert anyways! 

after we blew that popsicle stand, i saw the store “eram”, which is a cute shoe store around here. i can’t really think of what the equivalency of this store would be in america…i’m always trying to do that so that i can guess how the quality of the things in the store are gonna be since i’m not super familiar with french brands, obviously. eram has a pair of the flat chukka boots that i want, that i wanted to try on and compare to the expensive-ish ones i had fallen in love with the previous day. we went in there and they didn’t even have it in any good colors! i could’ve sworn they had had it in the taupe-y color that i love. luckily for me, they had some of the high heel boots i want IN the color that i love. stop it. 
["all the rage" here in europe.]
things went downhill when i decided to try them on “just for fun”. “just to know what they’re like”. yeah right michelle, you knew what you were doing. i tried them on, and of course, fell in love. maybe it’s because i haven’t worn a pair of heels for about three months and forgot how good my legs can look, but daaang, those shoes were upping my net worth, if you know what i mean. after a lot of dilly-dalling [on my part], i finally gave in and bought them. the easter bunny made me do it [totally wanted to say “devil” but we all know how that could end for me]! ohhh, but i love them. 
we did some more window shopping, and then finally met up with the other girls to go to the fondue restaurant. just so you know 20-ish american girls walking together around paris can be quite a scene. we are what you call, a loud bunch. plus, we kept getting lost. it was nuts. finally, when we found the place, it was about the size of my pinkie AND we were supposed to make reservations. as if anybody could ever know that! 
instantly, i was craving il tartuffo, that italian place we had gone to a week earlier. luckily for me, about 9 other girls had the same cravings, so we all high-tailed it out of there and headed to our favorite spot. the group was me, morning, kelly, annie, tiff, sam, hailey, riley, anna, and amber. and guess who remembered me right off the bat? claudio. he spotted me right away and said “i remember you” in awkward english. i wanted to say back “don’t worry, I won’t eat all your guys’ food this time” but i decided against it. 


me and anna shared this four cheese pizza and four cheese pasta. hooolllly crap, i died. i am a cheese-aholic, and this stuff is the sugar to my cereal and the medicine to my doctor. it was so delicious. that is honestly one of my favorite restaurants in the world, and that’s saying a lot.
 [the whole dang group.]
[off of riley's camera. me and kelly.]
 after we left, things got a little crazy. first off, i was talking to sam and then ran into a pole SO HARD [in my defense, it only came up to about my belly button, and literally came out of nowhere]. 
[still got that eram bag with me.]
not even kidding, i almost threw up, and fell on the ground laughing. then I look up and anna’s giving kelly a piggyback ride and they fall over and i laugh even more. we’re all shouting at the others so they'll wait for us and laughing and being “stupid americans” and not even caring, and then kelly gets on my back and i run into a car and then we all try [and fail] at taking jumping pictures.

 [my mommy thinks i'm pretty.]
[too hawt for our own good.]
 oh gosh, it was just too good. i laughed so hard, I peed a little [tmi?]. we all randomly decided we wanted ice cream, but once we checked the time and realized we were freezing, we just decided to call it a night. and after i got home that night, you bet your bottom dollar i kissed and hugged my new shoes and tucked them into bed. 
just kidding. kinda.

4 comments:

  1. If you tagged me, make me the aqua one. I mean, how could you not want to be the aqua one, huh?

    The bike pics are gorgeous! ANd made me think a little bit about when I rode a bike with you and laughed a lot because we were trying to get Nate to take a picture and I looked like Marsha Brady. Anyways, I love the mini photo shoot. Im pretty sure I would drive people nuts if I went there because I would be taking pictures like crazy.

    The nut tart looks to die for! Bring me ten of those home, ok? And its just nice to know that someone in this family is still eating good old fashioned noodles and cheese. Im surrounded by crazies! But at least Ive got you.

    Man you thought your post was long, but look at how long my comment is...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang, for some reason I am really craving that pizza of yours. Like no joke. And I like Lori's comment about the good old fashioned noodles and cheese. I am right there with both of you :) Very happy about your shoes!! Finally!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah, those statue things make me laugh. I like Kelley's outfit in the last pictures btw, and i LOVE that first pic of you. Do I smell a profile pic?????????? ;)))) MMmmmmm

    ReplyDelete