Sunday, October 2, 2011

you should be wilder. you're no fun at all.

[so apparently sundays call for random photo booth seshs. this one is a keeper.]

if you can't tell, i've got a headache. 
maybe it's because it's almost 3 in the morning here?
don't laugh. skypie times with the parentals > blogging.....sometimes.
just kidding mom and dad, alwaaaays.
.................
okay then....

last sunday was a pretty boring one.
let me correct myself.
last sunday, i did pretty much absolutely nothing.

me and tiff decided to head over to the paris ward because it would have lots of people from around the world visiting. also, it was most convenient and we are two lazy people. i'm glad we did though because everyone else ended up going there as well and they did most of the service in english, which was very refreshing.
and they served free food after church because apparently it was fast sunday since this week is conference.
whoops.
anyways, this is my plate:
[can you tell i'm terrible at making decisions?]

let's see if i can even critique this plate. that bread-ish looking thing in the corner was cold and kind of egg-ish with veggies, but was also bread at the same time...? so yeah, hated that. sorry to the family that supplied that, but never make that for humans ever again. the pasta salad next to it was par. not sub-par or above-par...just par. needed more flavoring, in my opinion. that bowtie salad=could not get enough of that crap. literally, i ate all of mine and tiff's off her place because she didn't like it. i don't see why the heck not, it had basil and tomatoes and was deliciousness in the flesh. that cookie was to DIE for. maybe it's because it's been forever since i've had a chocolate chip cookie. it was just one of those ones that you know are your grandma's passed down recipe. or just "nessslay tooolhausss" if anyone's watched that friends' episode. and that cookie may or may not be hiding more of that bowtie goodness. what can i say, i'm a fattie. i was nervous to try that potato salad next to it because i don't tend to be a spud salad lover [too many scarring occurrences at the dastrup reunions....sorry aunts and uncles.], but this one was warm and had some greek-ish [because that word makes sense] flavoring on them. dill? whatever it was was delicious. and then there's the ratatouille next to it, which was my first time tasting it. and i absolutely loved it. kinda reminded me of indian food the way it's all slopped together and thick-ish, but had more stew-like food characteristics. no need to commend me on my descriptions, i know i hit the nail on the head with all my ishs, okay?

[i just love these two. this is tiffany and brynn, and as you can see, they're both ends of the height spectrum. but both gorgeous in my heart....cheesin' it.]

after that, me and tiff went home to have lunch with our host mom. i know, can you say fatties? in our defense, we only ate before because we didn't know what kind of psycho-lady concoction she was gonna come up with and call lunch, so we had to be stomach-ly [i really just said that] prepared.
ohhhh good, basically raw hamburger patties and potato pieces that do, in fact, have a hair [in mine. yikes. fda, anyone?] and warm cooked spinach with apricots [i don't think i can ever eat spinach again after reading "cloudy with a chance of meatballs" as a child [not that i probably would've even eaten spinach as a child anyways] and seeing those people forced to eat that old spinach. that'll traumatize ya.]. not my favorite meal, if you can't tell. let's just say i'm happy i ate before. oh, and literally warm melted ice cream with banana chunks in it. what did i do to deserve this fakfasfbkaf, woman?! i would've taken a picture but i didn't want to force you all to pluck both your eyeballs and stomachs from your body. it wasn't pretty.

after that, we retreated to my room and attempted to take naps [by that, i mean blog] and relaxed and skyped our families/friends and talked for the rest of the sunday. it was lovely. i love taking sundays off from the world and holing up in my room. it makes my heart nice and happy.

well folks, that's about it. tomorrow i don't have school. should i a.) do hw, b.) blog, 3.) watch 90210/modern family/the office/anything else my heart desires on the less-than-legal site my "friend" hooked my up with? [how many misdemeanors will that phrase set me up with?]

yup, i legitimately did a, b, and 3. maybe i'll just sleep in. 

4 comments:

  1. Dude. You have no time for shows. You are a) in college and b) in Paris. Duh. (Okay, maybe just one show, but not 4.) Sorry about your host mom dinner. Sounds iiiinteresting. I saw the one post about the house, but how is it really? Okay? Oh and I'm glad you had such a rockin day on whatever day that was. Sounds pretty awesome to me!!!! Also I can't wait to see you in your army shirt. I just can't picture pulling that off but I know you will!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say B...oh and I agree with Lindsey that I would just go take another 1000 pics of myself in front of every possible landmark that I could. The nasty spinich/apricot/banna chunky ice cream stuff all sounds terrible. But your plate from the ward dinner looks blech too...except for the cookie. I liked the friends reference and also the george banks one in the last post. Love that movie. Just dont watch it the day after you have a baby because you will sob your eyes out like I did. Had her all up and married before she was even 2 days old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the title. me and carly burst out with that first song line all the time :) "...yea thanks for the innnnnvite, thanks for the call." at least i think those are the words... thinking of you as i sit in the HBLL (kinda looks like "HELL" hmmmm)studying about gingiva. i hope your traveling thru france living your wildest dreams as i die slowly studying. or you might be sleeping witht the time difference. whatever works. skype soon. loooove you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. seriously, there was break the fast after church? Missed the best sunday. Never again.

    ReplyDelete