Monday, October 3, 2011

influenza in paris sucks major buttocks.

[glace=my life.]

from the looks of this picture [or any in this post, for that matter], you would never guess that i got sick last week.
i woke up last monday morning feeling sicky.
i had a sore throat and an achy body, and was just not havin' it.
and by "it", i mean a tourist-y day in paris.
call me crazy. but it can all get very overwhelming after a little bit and sometimes it's nice to sleep in a little bit and be on the down low.
just because i'm in paris doesn't mean i should be up and out all the hours of the day, going crazy and taking millions of pictures. to me, that's a little superficial. you're not really taking it all in. just pretending to.
plus, i was just feeling sick.
might regret it in a few months when i'm back in america stuck with buildings that all look the same and food that is "turrribull".

i did manage to leave the house for some lunch with friends. we were going to go to this place called princess crepe that has the weirdest hours and is always closed every time we go to try it. kinda like amelia's back in santa monica. 
and whattaya know, it was closed. once again.

so instead, i got a falafel at l'as du falafel. that one really yummy falfafel place i went to last week. it was right by princess crepe and just singing my name from the kitchens. so i  kindly obliged.
[even though this looks like a pita full of sauce, there's actually some veggies and falafel under there. promise promise. and no, i didn't sauce that thing myself. it does look like my work though...]

after lunch, i went back home to do some reading that was due the next day in class. and proceeded to get talked at by my host mom about how tiffany's shower isn't working and if i knew what was wrong with it.
first off, not even my shower. i live on the other freakin' side of the house.
also, do i look like your plumber, lady?
is my butt hanging out of my pants? 
[don't answer that.]
NO.
i really almost lost it with her. i don't know what it was about that day. everything just felt out of sorts for me. i really just wanted to go back to bed and start it all over. and that's what i would've done, but my friends talked me into going to fhe at the institute that night, which i'm glad they did. we had a lesson and then played that one guessing game that i totally can't remember at this moment [CHARADES. totally just googled it. yes, i typed in "guessing acting games". i don't even know where my brain is right now. kansas?]. it was a lot of fun even though i accidentally kicked the lady in charge.

 i was pretending to do a high-kick like kate in lizzie mcguire [the one where you basically just lift your leg two feet off the ground and bend sideways in that direction...chelsea will know what i'm talking about.] after i jumped up and screamed the right answer. and then i kicked her. so yeah, it was embarrassing. and how do you mend a broken heart?

with pozzetto.
it's supposed to be this way famous gelato place here. our teacher/a book told us about it and we were interested in finding it and comparing it to the heavenly amorino.
[i was a little excited. especially when the worker i flirted talked with handed me this ice cream cone as big as my face. you just gotta know how to work the system. you got to bawt your eyes like dis. you got to pook up your lips like dis.]
[yep, i did my some mad flirting for this baby. this is coconut, of course, mint, and dark chocolate. i liked it, except the mint was really fresh which generally isn't bad, but in this case, didn't taste good mixed with the others. i guess i just like that artificial mint taste. plus it wasn't green, and we all know how michelle feels about green things...]

when compared, i definitely would choose amorino over pozzetto. amorino has better cones [pozzetto's only looks like a sugar cone, but is still, in fact, a cake cone, which reminds me of mcdonald's, which i don't like.] plus amorino has way better flavor choice and better prices.
only downside is only girls work at all the amorino's i've been to [i love how i'm so experienced now], which makes the flirting just a little bit harder. that's okay, i enjoy a challenge [i like men, don't worry mom and dad].

all in all, it was an interesting day for me with both ends of the spectrum of activity, but in the end, gelato saved the day. just how it should be.


2 comments:

  1. Boom Roasted! You called me out about running around and taking tons of pics...RUDE!! But thats ok, cause thats just what makes me happy. Sorry that you were sick...whats up with that anyways? I liked the Little Mermaid Sebastian quote about flirting and say if you've got it, flaunt it! (J/K dad!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post was complete torture! I mean that falafel wrap thing had my name ALL over it! You know how I feel about sauce and that thing was smothered in it! And don't even get me started on the ice cream! That's my favorite dessert and now I want it! Make sure that you don't forget where all these food places are because when we go to Paris someday together...I'm gonna want all of this!
    -Jittapoo loves you

    ReplyDelete