Thursday, September 1, 2011

trippin', part dos. or deux.

[this is what i think of YOU, paris summer reading!]
they call it "the ladies' paradise", and i call it "kill me now". and "hat", obviously.
i know i look stupid, but i've resorted to doing other things with this book other than actually reading it because that's apparently not gonna happen today.
and i need to tell you that right as i was taking this picture, eduardo [not tryin' to be racist...it could be his name..], the pool man, decides to walk riiight in front of me [see sunglasses]. and blatantly stare. but of course, the self-timer's still going and i have no choice but to hold my pose. yup, no shame. gotta take one for the team/blog/world.
and if you must know, i was listening to that new-ish song "pumped up kicks" by foster the people. something about it makes me want to dance all over the place, doing the mashed potato and stuff.
anyways, the REAL point of this post was to tell about the utah portion of my trippy. i wanted to go because i needed to exchange my summer/california clothes for some fall/paris clothes because the styles/weather are so different between the two. and i wanted to get some unlimited kneaders french toast. oh, and see my loved ones blah blah blah :] it was a blast though! 
my top favs of the trip have to be: 
1.) going to the lupe fiasco concert with chelsea. 
["lucy, you know i don't speak mexican.." "i am NOT a mexican!"]
my best friend chelsea invited me to come a month ago, and i definitely wasn't going to pass it up. i don't really know lupe personally, but i'm a fan of "the show goes on"...and "kick, push" [even though i can only listen to it for 10 seconds before i have to turn it off]. the night was a slight bummer though because "big krit", lupe's opener, took foreverrrrrr cussing rapping and there were some crazies around us, and we were on a time crunch because we parked at a meter....so long story short, we didn't get to see mr. fiasco. yes, it's embarrassing. but oh well, it was still fun dancing and getting the "concert experience" [i'm a bit of a concert virgin]. we also drove around salt lake after and went to the citris grill after, so the night wasn't completely hopeless [i love how food saved the night for me haha.].
2.) going to the lake with my brother joe, sister-in-law lindsey, nephew maximus, and some of their friends.

[check out max's face, what a kook.]
 this, i was SO excited for because i haven't been to the lake in like, three years. i basically grew up on the lake, so i was glad to get back. and it only took me 42190412 tries to get up on the wakeboard again. stupid stubborn me. the highlight of this though was spending time with max. he is the most adorable thing ever! seriously, i'm in love. 
lindsey and him do this thing that goes like this:  
L-"what do they say in tenessee?" 
M-"heehee" 
L-"what do they say in arkansas?"
 M-"haha" 
L-what do they say in idaho?"
M-"hoho"
he didn't do it in the video, but the "hoho" gets me everytime! especially coming from him. most adorable baby dork ever. and thank you joe and linds for taking me! 
3.) having pizookies with my long-time besties jenn and chelsea. i haven't seen jenn in months, and she's pregnant with a baby girl! so excited for her and paul. and slightly jealous, but not at the same time haha. but still, SO happy for her! we sat and talked for hours while paul baked the cookies, it was awesome. [i stupidly forgot to take a picture with her, which i'm mad about, but then again i broke my camera when i tripped running in the rain an hour later, so it doesn't matter that much. YES, i broke my camera :(]

4.) seeing all my old roommates/best friends [tracy, annie, brinn, courtney, ashley, carly] and their significant others/boyfriends/boytoys. and meeting new friends like tanner and jamie [absolutely adore her!], who's got the BEST stash of nail polish i've ever seen. seriously, i was overwhelmed. as in i couldn't choose a color and painted each nail a different one because i loved them all. and then somehow randomly settled on a bright glittery pink when i normally go dark. yeah, where's the sense in that? that's what happens when you stay up til 1:30 with carly doin' them. anyways, we all just hung out the whole time, laughing hysterically and eating [typical]. 
quotes of the weekend: 
"pig benis" [don't ask, i'm not gonna tell.], "does this feel good or am i doing it for no reason?" "my legs are spread, i've got to pee, let's make this quick" "we've got a live one here!" "i'm probably not gonna get any, but i'm still excited" "want some apple pie? [splat!]. granted, basically all of these were with brinn and carly, who i spent most of my time with, but big whoop.
5.) having a pizza picnic with joe, linds, max, sam, and brinn/yogurtland with mom and mark/kneaders/cafe rio with mommy/jason's deli with carly and brinn [crotch tickler]/going to sonic and getting symphony bars/seeing "one day" [best movie ever, oh my gosh i bawled like a baby!]/new byu gym with troncy/nelson's class where nelson had a snake in his pants ["what was i talking about before i pulled the snake outta my pants?"] and i got called out for coming back/laying in brinn's bed and laughing and taking pictures/school shopping at target and getting samples.
all in all, even though i'm not a utah lover, i'll always love coming back and seeing my friends and family. they freakin' make that state. i love them all and am so grateful for their support and love and always making me laugh. really, i'm spoiled.
 [maxi-pad driving da boat]
 [yoseph and maximus]
 [i'm his favorite aunt!]
[tall t's and flat-bill hats, yo.]
 [freeeaks.]
 [cute holt sisters.]
 [carly, brinn, and me just being normal.]
[whoaa, put it in park girl.]

well, off to go "read". au revoir.

3 comments:

  1. You had Kneaders French Toast without me? You skank. Basically the food sounds like the best part. And when I say something like that I automatically feel like the fat girl who cant talk about anything but food. Oh well...
    Im jealous that you got to go to the lake. I haven't been in like 5 years and I seriously dont even know if I could get up anymore. Good post girly girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know kneaders french toast, what is it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW she has three arms!

    ReplyDelete