Saturday, September 17, 2011

eeeesalsaa and ceeelawntro.

[oh, just drinking from a fountain with my friend rover. we gets thirsties together.]

so if you can't tell from my title, i went to spain last saturday. duh.
and lemme tell ya, it was incredible. 
i was a first timer in san sebastian and boyyy, did that city treat me well.
we started the day off with your typical crashing of a spanish wedding. it's customary, you understand.
[l 2 r: tiff, me, sam, kelly, kristine, hollie, shannon, ally, maddie, courtney, annie. ready to partay espana-style.]

a video for your viewing pleasure:
these are some traditional basque dancers performing at their wedding. very cool.

[home-niƱo's checkin me out, yeahhhhh. i'll see YOU after the reception ;] wink.]

after el wedding [just know that i'm gonna be subtly dropping spanish words here and there. you understand.], we split up and a couple of us decided to walk down to the cathedral, so we love us some big catholic churchs, eeeespecially in espana. and whatda ya know, there was another wedding going on in there. apparently we just have all the luck of the irish.

[as you can see, it's absolutely gor-geous.]

what's really sad is that i thought the pope was performing the wedding. that's how much i know about the pope. apparently just because the man has white hair and a white robe and a big white hat, it doesn't always guarantee it's the pope. note to self.

[i may or may not have spent a good portion of time inside the confessionals confessing my sick love for.....glace aka ice cream. it's perverted how many times a day i find myself craving it. things got alittle awkward with me and the pope in there...]
[it's overwhelmingly breathtaking. i could hardly believe what was in front of me.]

me and sam also walked around the back and took some shots of some really pretty buildings that i really wanna live in and really kinda covet and probably should've gone back in to the pope to confess that as well.


[i could easily live here.]

[oh cathedrals, you slay me. you too, 3 old-man-boyfriends-behind-me. you too.]

after all this, we met up with aaron and he helped us find some pinchos aka buffet-style-sandwiches aka freakin' good aka food that spain is known for. what happens is there's tons of bars lining the streets and inside, they have plates of sandwiches and food and you eat what you want and then tell them how much you ate and pay. that's my kind of food concept. except it gets me in trouble when i eat my way to $1241029401. not really, but kinda.
[no need to tell me i should be a food model, i get that all the time. seriously though, these sandwiches were really good. i believe the meat was pork and they had these grilled red and green sweet peppers on them. doesn't get better than that.]

[the sketchy-looking fish ones. obviously i didn't partake of them. blechhhsdjasbfa.]
[mmmm the yummy apple drink aaron talked me into getting. i can't remember what it was called and i tried to google it, but google treated me no bueno-ly. it tasted basically like apple juice, which i love, so obviously i loved it. obviously.]

after lunch, we decided to head on down to la playa. now first off, you must know that there were two beaches we could go to. one was known for having a plethora of surfers and the other, i really don't know. i think it's pretty self-explanatory which beach we decided on.
and we were not disappointed.


[the pictures basically speak for themselves. muy caliente!]

the other fun fact was that this beach was a clothes optional beach as well. ask me how many old and fat topless ladies i was exposed to that day. too many to count, my friends. sadly. 
on the way back to the bus, we were hoping to be able to pick up some churros and chocolate, which is apparently quite the dessert to eat while in spain. and luckily, we were able to find one :]

[tiffy and me.]
[real spanish churros. mmmmmm.]

we headed back to saint jean-de-luz and since it was our last night there, we decided to grab some sandwiches and eat out on the beach.
[my delicious street waffle. with nutella on it. yeah, i'm serious, and yeah i died of a sugar coma. and yeah, this is only half of it...]

all in all, i'd say it was a pretty ding dang dong good day, full of gorgeous guys [i mean sights!], amazing food, and some really fun people. and don't you worry espana, i'm coming back for you soon. 

5 comments:

  1. Look at you in Europe in all of your cute dresses! You just fit right in. Now I want some pork sandwiches, and some cathedrals. I want to hear about your host family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy mother. guys in spain really look like that??!!?! WHYYYYYY are you study abroading in france and not there again? haha. freaking jealous of your life right now. and all the food youre eating. HOWEVER, the provo crew did buy 2 dozen boxes of krispy kreme friday night.... so basically were doing the same thing you are. so im not really jealous.. at all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it all. :) Teach me how to post such beautiful pictures like that! Do you edit them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now Im going to have to add Spain to the list of places that I absolutely need to go to. I was laughing so hard about all of your comments about the pope. And the first picture of you drinking out of the cute fountain is so cute. And the yummy sandwich. And the amazing pics of the cathedral with the awesome sun flare. I want to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. quit blogging, i NEED to do homework. ;)

    ReplyDelete