Tuesday, September 27, 2011

the day that i sucked at picking food. what the hay?

[this looks like smashed soda can. and it is. but it's also a rock....pause for effect.....i know.]

thursday, we had french 457 again, which was fine. lucky for me, the teacher is one of those that gets on a tangent and ends up rambling for the whole class and we don't get to the reading assignment, that i may or may not have completed [i'm in paris, duh]. that was basically my only class that day, besides french 211 [my french conversation class], but we only met for like ten minutes, so all was well in the world.

when class got out, my friend annie showed me where this supposed yummy bakery was, and right off the bat, i saw the almond croissants. anyone who knows me [or at least my family] knows i freakin' love almond croissants with all my heart. there was this place called cielo's in santa monica that i would get an almond croissant from every saturday without fail. so i've got some high expectations of these babies, and lemme tell you, i was extremely disappointed. to the point where i wanted to cry, it was that disgusting. but i'm not giving up yet! i'm convinced there's got to be a least one amazing almond croissant place here in paris.
["never judge a book by it's cover" doesn't even begin to describe this crappy piece of absjkfbaksf.]

after, we had the missionaries show us where the post office was, which was honestly a little awkward, but whatevs. and lucky for us, it was right smack dab in a mall. with an h&m. now, i didn't reeally wanna shop there, because i prefer to mostly just buy things that are paris-based, but i love at least looking around. and don't worry, i only got socks [over the knee, yeah buddyyyy].

after that, me and sam were starving, so we stopped at a crepe cart for some food. but i didn't really feel like a crepe [i don't really see what the big deal is about those things. i mean, yeah, they're good.....but not amazing. it's basically like a tortilla! i don't know.] soooo....i got a hot dog. what michelle? you're in france and you got a freakin' hot dog? yes, that's me and i did. but it's not your typical hot dog.
[it's a hot dog on a french baguette and then smothered in cheese that's baked. if that doesn't sound good, then you're a scrooge.]
[sam and me. back when we were excited to eat our dogs.]

the sad thing was that it completely sucked. i mean, it wasn't the nastiest thing in the world, but it wasn't amazing. and i live for amazing food. maybe it was the fact that it was sitting on display and the man grabbed it with his bare hands and microwaved it right in front of me? probably. i know, why did i even trust it? i thought i'd do him a solid and give the little guy the benefit of the doubt, but silly me. silly silly me. i guess i should also not mention that sam found a hair in her when she was almost done with it. ohhhh the shame.
and then i got some baklava. ohhhh yes i did.
[sad thing was was that it sucked even more than the hot dog, if that's even possible. i didn't even know baklava could taste that bad. and i even got it in the jewish community! what the hay? i guess i gotta ask the locals which place is the best, because apparently i'm not good at picking them. you can imagine how much my day was ruined by now after all the crappy food i had eaten.]

after lunch, we all decided to hit up the bhv, which is short for bazar de l'hotel de ville. it's basically this really big department store with all women's clothing and accessories. and on the bottom floor, there's a bricolage, which is kinda like a home depot...? yeah i know, it was random to me too. but anyways, we looked around there for awhile, and then me and tiff decided to go do a little more vintage shopping. 

we went to this store called "the hippie market", which had some really fun clothes. i promised myself that i could only buy something that i either really needed [don't laugh, i mean things like a wallet since i forgot mine back in america and have been using the pocket in my purse to hold my cash and it's starting to get ridiculous.] or something that i really loved and couldn't see my life without it. naturally, i found two things,  but it was after i literally scourged [that's a word, right?] the entire store, so i'm pretty proud that i didn't end up walking out with 50 things.
 [adorable wallet that i found while looking around in the big chest of scarves. and luckily, tiff didn't let me not get it, because now i'm freakin' in love with it!]

[legit german army-ish hat that's both navy and black, which i loooove together.]

after that, we decided to officially go inside the pompidou and check it out. and seriously, it was the coolest museum ever. lots of variety and depth.
[going up the outside escalator to the exhibit. anybody else think my head looks like a bobble-head's head on my body? or is it just me?]

[mine and tiff's own take on modern art. that, and her hand shook when she took the camera. but we'll go with the first one. A for effort.]

[check out the booty on that blondie! tiff, i mean.]

[this wall was super cool. if you stared at it long enough, the blue lines started vibrating. i don't know if that was part of the exhibit, but i like to push these things out of their limits.]

[interesting.......]

[i don't know if this is supposed to be perverted, but i like it. maybe that means something....]

[fence. freak that's cool.]

[okay, adorable.]

and then, we hit up suan thai. it was this thai restaurant that tiff had been to before with her mom and some friends, and said we had to try it. and i'm always down for some thai, so i said "boom baby". not really though. it was a little pricey, so we decided to split an appetizer, an entree, and a side.
they served water with mint leaves in it, which was amazingly refreshing.


 [our complimentary appetizer. mmmm it was way good. kinda like lettuce wraps...but....without the lettuce....yeah, so not lettuce wraps.]

 [spring rolls. they really made me miss home and going to sunny's because they had the lettuce that you wrap them up in and stuff. it was interesting because it came with mint leaves, which totally made the flavor pop. i loooooved it.]

[we decided on coconut green curry, which was definitely a good choice. it was spicy and light. kinda reminded me of mao's from back in santa monica, but was actually spicy. or maybe it was the rice that was spicy...]

all in all, even though most of the day's food sucked [i love how i let the food decide how my day's gonna pan out], dinner saved the day. big time. and so did my purchases. and so did the fact that i'm in freakin' paris. because i am. so suck it. suckers. okay, i'm done.

9 comments:

  1. I want my picture in front of the blue/white striped wall. And I also want your new wallet...so freaking cute. And Im sorry about all of the poor food choices...thats the pits.

    P.S. All Boots at Last Chance were 50% off tonight. Guess who got themselves a paid of riding boots...moi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey hot girl, do you want to go to the loft with me???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Michelle, you are looking super sexy these days. I hope we can meet up when you come to BYU-Hawaii.

    Hugs and Kisses

    CALVIN

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so fine next to those blue stripes. rawr! I just want to eat you up!!!!!! Call me for a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MICHEELLLLLLEEEE!!!

    long time no see! loos like u b hitting up all da clubs in France. I will b n town on the 15th of oct. Maybe we can go to a night club in France. I will hit u up guh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think its time we do it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your wonderful experiences from Rome!! I just love Asia, and I am so glad that you are able to live in Asia for a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ra ra ra ra raaaa ro ma ro ma maaaa ga ga oh la laaaaaa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please call me when you return to the states. I hope we can date.

    Love,
    Zachary

    ReplyDelete