Sunday, September 18, 2011

sundays=photoshoots, n'est pas??

[me. not to be confused with tyra banks, chanel iman, or any other of those whatchamacallit supermodels.]

i reeeally want to blog about my day today and NOT last sunday instead, but i really do need to get caught up. especially because i'm a freakin' weekin [i know it's "freakin' weekend" in the song, but i had to say that.] behind and my ocd is driving my crazy, so i've got to catch up...to myself....how lame.
okay, here we goooo.
:]
so last sunday, we went to church. cuz we was scared ["if you scarrred, go to CHURCH]. it was a really cool experience. mostly because i had no idea what they were saying the whole time AND the sen-sen [sacrament] bread was french bread. yeah, who can complain about that? not me.
after church, we stopped at the chateau de Pau [pronounced like the teletubby that comes after "la la". don't pretend like you don't know who it is....we've all been there.]. 
we were only there for about an hour, but i managed to get more pictures than pounds i weigh. so yeah, i got like 110 pictures, duh.
 [lucious.]
 [me and ally. my legs look ridiculously long.]
 [tiff, me, ally, sam, kristine. we really are that tan in real life.]
 [my future summer house. or pool house. this is where i'll store the beach towels and sand toys and buckets of gold.]
 [me and tiff by a really pretty door. we both share an obsession for pretty doors. that's the only reason we're friends. also, don't laugh at my awkward legs.]
[apparently i already live here...? man, there's just so many chateau's in my possession that it's hard to keep track anymore. if i must move in, i must...]
[we found this wall covered in these gorgeous leaves and had to do a photoshoot. of course. here's my college senior picture for next year...because that makes sense.]
[le jardin.]
[double proof. hey, if the shoe fits....]
[can't get over the moss growing everywhere here. i just want to swim in it!...but not.]

seriously, the whole time i was here, i couldn't stop thinking "oh my gosh, lori [my sister] would die if she was here." it just was so pretty and had the best scenery for pictures [obviously]. it made me want to be a better photographer. it brought out the best in me. it.....yeah, i'm done.
after all that photography crammed into an hour, we drove to albi for the night. and all us girls went to a pizzeria that had some fine italian waiters. oh, and some good food...if you're into that sorta thing.
[sam, lauren, me, tiff.]
[my delicious pizza that i kept all to myself. it was super thin crust though, so don't judge me too bad. also, i didn't eat lunch so don't forget to add that into your nutritional equation if you decide to do the math. you think i got a little gypped on the olives? it was basically a cheese pizza, and had some raped parmesan on it. i'm not joking on that one. parmesan râpé. tell me, what is this world coming to when not even the cheese is safe? and they expect me to raise my kids here...pshhh.]

it was such a nice little first sunday in france for me, and even though i was a little homesick when i saw the little note my mom had written in my cantiques book [i may or may not have cried alittle...], i did feel at home when i took the sacrament. and then again that night when i basically inhaled the pizza in five minutes flat. because that's what americans do.
bedtime for me, loves. first day of school tomorrow! even though i technically don't have class until tuesday. so yeah, cool beans.

3 comments:

  1. hahaha Michelle I absolutely love your blog!!! Really though if English and Nordstrom don't work out you could always be a comedian! Better yet you could write articles for the rest of your life and I will read them and laugh at them!! I love you and hope you are having the time of your life! How is livin with strangers? I wanna hear funny stories about that now :) Oh this is Annie by the way I don't know how to make it say my name :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to have to look in my thersaurus for more ways to say "Freaking Amaing pictures!" and "I want to be there" and "Im so crazy jealous of you" and "You are so beautiful." Seriously! Every single little thing about France is incredible. And makes me want to be there. Best part about this post is first, that I got a shout out and second, the cute senior college picture of you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the sacrament bread. haha. I can just see your eyes light up as you notice that it is french bread, MMMMmmmmm ;) hahaha.

    ReplyDelete