Tuesday, November 22, 2011

the day i got a boyfriend from utah. in france. without my permission.

[warning: this post includes an almost kiss. and it's butt long. michelle style. you've been warned.]

 this event deserves a post. and you'll see why. i'm gonna go into the gooey details too, so get excited.
so i go to church on sunday as usual [umm, maybe i was late. by an hour.] and it turns out, a lot of students from school in logan, utah are visiting. okay, sure. cool. so i'm sitting there waiting for sacrament to start and planning my trip with brynn when one of the guys comes up and starts talking to me. so of course, i talk back. he asks me about my trip, and i ask him about his. tells me he came from greece. this gets me all excited because i was wanting to visit greece at the end of my trip here, so i start asking him questions of where i should go, because i honestly couldn't decide where in greece i should go and what places are safe. church happens. after, he pulls the ol' "hey, can i get your email address and i'll email you some more information about greece?". sure pal, sure.
i get home. go to mcdonalds for the internet. i've got an email.
"hey michelle, go to this place, it's known for this, it's really safe, blah blah blah. so a group of us are going down to the eiffel tower tonight if you want to come hang out with us."
i think about it. ask tiff if she wants to go and she's down. surrre boy, why not? i love watching that baby twinkle [the eiffel tower, not the boy].

then we had dinner with our lady, which is always a good time.
 [oh, what's for dinner? random steak bits, leeks, tomatoes, and mustard. that's normal.]
[chocolate pudding for dessert.]

and because i love you, i'm giving you a present. madame percin and tiff talking about tiff's cats. if that's not love from me, i don't know what is.

after dinner, tiff tells me she's not gonna come anymore, because she wants to skype cass, her boyfriend. i figured i'd be fine since we live so close to the eiffel tower, and i'd just go meet up with everyone and if it was a dud, i could just leave and say i have hw.

so i show up, and of course i can't really remember what he looks like [we were meeting directly under the eiffel tower], so i'm like "crap". and then he comes out of nowhere and gives me this big [awkward] hug [one of those one-arm's-on-top-the-other's-on-the-bottom hugs, if you know what i mean]. and i see that he's only with one guy. right away, that one guy introduces himself as married, and apologizes for being, and i quote, "the third wheel". yiiiiikes. say whaaaat? michelle did not know this was a date. where are all the other people?? yup, i was duped by that utah boy [they get me everytime]. got me right under my nose.

anyways, so i just kinda nervously laugh and we walk back so we can see the whole tower since it's gonna be twinkling soon. mr. "third wheel" awkwardly mumbles "uhhh, i'm gonna go find a souvenir shop or something" and runs off. like that wasn't planned or anything.

the tower starts to twinkle. and then, a stupid gypsy comes up and shoves some roses into my hand. and i'm so naive that i'm all confused at first and he says "for you, you're very pretty". and then, he goes up to the boy asking for money. right away, i'm like "nonononononono" because i don't want this boy buying my flowers, and the stupid gypsy is trying to be tricky. i tell him i don't want the flowers and the gypsy refuses to take them back and keeps telling the boy [yes, i know i keep referring to him as the boy. i honestly don't remember his name.] to pay him money. so i chuck them on the ground and step back. and that stupid boy gives the gypsy money for one, picks it up off the ground, and awkwardly gives it to me. ohhhhh, it was bad.

then, he suggests we go sit on the grass, which i'm fine with, where he proceeds to ask me about what i want in my future, and when i get married. yup, hardly even know this guy and he's prepping me for marriage. oh, and did i mention that on the way over to walking to the grass, he grabs my hand. i'm not kidding. of course, i gave him the "dead fish" and acted like i didn't even know what was going on [what can i say, i'm terrible with confrontation]. so, back to the grass. we're talking, and he puts his hand on my leg. i wanted to die. literally, i was living a nightmare. he asks me if i'm cold, and i immediately say no, because i know what happens when you're cold. we keep talking and i forget that i actually am cold and shiver. he goes "ohhh you are cold! awww, you poor baby, come here" and scoots over and puts his arm around me and is basically so close that he's sitting on me. WHY?

finally, his friends come out of nowhere [where were you guys for the last hour?] and say it's time to go. i jump up, try to say good-bye, and he goes "wait, i'll walk you to your apartment". and i go "oh nooo, i'm good, i live really close so i'm fine". wonderbread doesn't get the hint and keeps being persistant, so i let him walk me over to my area, and try to drop him off at the nearest metro stop, where he [again] persists to walk me to my door. i say "but what if you can't find the metro again from where i live?" and he says "but you said it's so close, right? so there's no way i can get lost". and i realize i'm stuck. so i let him walk me to my dang door. homeboy gives me the longest hug of my life [or so it felt], and starts to pull away slowly and puts his face in front of mine to go in for a kiss. say whaaaat? no thanks, mister i-just-met-you-hours-ago [okay, maybe that wouldn't stop me if it was a reeally hot french boy. don't judge me, i'm young], i'm good. i quickly backed away, barked a good-bye, and ran inside. still carrying that stupid gypsy rose.

all i'm gonna say is you get what you get, because right around this time, i was getting way boy hungry [for the hot french kind], and being all mopey. yup, definitely cured me of that sickness. i'm good to go for the rest of the season!

blasted utah boy gettin' all up in my biiiness. it was way funny though how it happened, and definitely a good memory for the books. the online books. the blogs, if you will. i'm done.

4 comments:

  1. I hope he tells his friends that story and that someone figures out from reading your blog that it's you, and then the guy can read about what a super creep he was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolute creeper!! I HATED experiences like that back a decade ago when I was in the dating scene. Boys definitely have not changed. Its a pretty hilarious story though and I laughed a lot.

    For the future 9protective older sister in me): excuse to not have a guy walk you to your door..."have you seen the movie Taken? I promised my dad that I would not let any guys come back to my apartment. And he will look for you, he will find you, and he will kill you."

    ReplyDelete
  3. still hilarious even the third time around ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooooh the Utah boys haven't changed! Even on a completely different continent. I had some experiences pretty much exactly like this, and then one of the creepers ended up marrying my friend! Yup, happy for her?! I was always soooo bad at the confrontation, WHY is it so hard to just say "AS IF!" Practice that one, sweet girl, cuz they gonna keep on trying. Oh, and I love you! <3, Scar

    ReplyDelete