Sunday, November 13, 2011

i am not a robot, but i am the monster of paris.

[sammie, me, maddie, and whitney. oh yeah, and some random in the back. also, i stole this picture from anna.]
last last last thursday, after french class with daryl, i did the unmentionable. the unbelievable. i went and bought me some chukka boots [finally.]. i had been obsessing for a whoooole week [say it ain't so] and justified getting them because i ended up being able to return the computer cord i was forced to buy [remember when my other cord blew up on me in the middle of the night? went to the apple store to replace it and it was freaking 80 EUROS. thats like 100 american dollars. i was pissed. but jit sent me another one from america for way cheaper, so i got to return the cord.]. that money was basically spent in my mind. in my mind, it was gone. but then given back to me by some miracle. i like to think it was a blessing from the shoe gods, and so i went with it. and let me tell you, i loooooove them. as in i didn't know if i could ever feel this way until now. one of those life-changing/evaluating experiences, ya know? where you want to scream "they love me! they really love me!" about the shoes. and maybe i did. maybe i didn't. either way, these are them:
[you can't really tell on the coloring, but they're like a taupe-y brown and look a little worn on the toe. i looooove them.]
then, me and brynn went to the train station [again! ticket reservations=the most annoying crap ever. but worth it. but annoying.] to officially book our tickets for cannes, we met up with a group of girls to see "le monstre a paris", this really cute-looking cartoon kid movie that we've all been wanting to see. 

i don't know if it's coming out in america any time soon, and it would probably be called "the monster of paris", but i definitely want to take kohlter, eva, and gizz to see it. it was all in french, but surprisingly easy to understand, or follow because of their facial expressions. here's a trailer if you want to see what it was like:
[i think, if i understood correctly, that in the movie, after a chemical thing went wrong, this little bug was made huge and everyone was scared of him, but he was actually a really nice bug that loved to sing and dance, and this girl feels bad for him and puts him in a disguise so nobody can see that he's a huge bug, and lets him dance with her, but then this other guy wants to kill him and she's got to protect him, with her friends. i think. je pense.]

it really was so cute! and i loved the music in it too. and the fact that i knew a lot of the places in the movie because duh, i'm in paris. i'm actually the real monster of paris, if you didn't know. okay, done with that.
anyways, the movie was awesome. what happened during the movie was not so awesome. apparently, a nasty hobo snuck in during the movie and stole tiff's camera and money out of her bag. a couple of girls had said they heard noises and smelled something nasty during the movie, and we didn't believe them at first, but then tiff was checking her bag and said things were all moved around and her stuff was taken. how freaky is that! and then we told the stupid movie theater and they were all "oh yeah, that tends to happen sometimes". well then tell us! i mean, i know it would be bad business for them to tell their customers that occasionally, people get robbed by stealthy homeless people, but still. i felt so bad for her. at the same time, i was soooo glad it wasn't me, because my passport was in my bag since i needed it to buy my train ticket. how bad would that have been? it freaked me out a bit.
since her things got stolen, we decided to go to the police station and report it. while she was in the back telling the po po about it, the rest of us sat at a table and were obnoxious americans again. so random, but so funny.
everyone else decided to go home when tiff finished, but me and sam were famished. big time. we walked around, trying to find a restaurant that we could afford, but that area was butt expensive. it was late and we were hungry, and when it came down to it, we just wanted some dang food that involved french fries in some way. so this is what we came up with:
[gyro with yummy hot french fries in it, on it, and all ova it. doesn't get much better than that.]

you just can never go wrong with one of these babies. and we both knew it. always leaves you satisfied. i reeeeally hope i can somehow find a place like this back in america, or i'll just die. or be forced to make it myself. yikes. after dinner, we rushed home because we were going to disneyland the next day!

lil story: i had to print my disneyland ticket for the next day, and my lady didn't want me to use her printer because she didn't think it would work with my computer since it doesn't have the software, and she's very particular about things. but i was desperate because i needed to have it for the next morning. she wasn't there, and i have this thing about sneaking to do something while someone's not there because i feel like every time i sneak, or think about sneaking, the person always comes home. always. or at least most of the time. finally, i gave it and frantically started to print it. i figured it all out and got it to work [semi....the ink was kinda out, but whatev.] and turned it off, and literally, the door opened right then. i slowly backed into my bedroom and closed the door and gaffed my pants off because i cut it so close. what can i say, i get all worked up and antsy easily! oh well, it was worth it. i got the golden ticket. [also, "lil stories" from me=long. deal with it. i like my details.]

3 comments:

  1. Ha! I love your sneaky printer story. You are a nut. Also, That is the saddest about your friend's stuff! Loser hobo!! Also I bought some tall boots which I happen to love, you will have to let me know if you approve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy handover...that gyro is to die for. Get me one right now! And I also like the justification for your boots. I always have to justify the heck out of every purchase too. And you can use my printer anytime you'd like, just so you know. No need to sneak. But funny story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only you could translate the non-expense of a computer power cord to a "blessing from the shoe gods" . . . I think I peed a little!!!!!

    ReplyDelete