Sunday, November 6, 2011

je t'aime montmartre.

[true life: i am awkward.]

last last [and sadly today, even another last. i am so freakin' far behind.] sunday, me and some friends [annie, brynn, sammie] decided to go out to montmartre after church. 
we wanted to go see sacre-coeur and walk around, since our teacher told us it was a really cool area. plus, some other friends told us about this wall that had “i love you” written in all these languages that we all wanted to go take pictures of. we came up out of the metro stop right in the middle of another flea market. 
[random buttons, but je l'adore.]
the gods must be crazy, because there was another one of those tables selling those freakin’ adorable stamp letter things for a gazillion dollars. 

literally, for my whole name, it would’ve been something like 50 euros. that’s just crazy talk. i was way depressed, and decided to drown my sorrows with some good ol’ “smooth in the city”. i had no idea what this place was, but it looked cute on the outside and yummy on the inside [some say the same about me]. good thing my little cafĂ© senses rock, because that place was "da bomb" [another saying some might use whilst describing me]. i got a sandwich with the yummiest chewy French bread that had arugula [je pense?] and chicken and avacado.

 doesn’t sound like it’d be that life-changing, but take my word for it, it was that good. and i knew i wanted a smoothie and the worker guy was hustlin’ [that word will forever and always remind me of a first date i once had where the guy showed up late, and told me we had "to hustle because we're running late". pretty sure you should be speakin' for yourself, bud. anyways, you're welcome for that story.] me, so i quickly decided on one that had orange juice, coconut milk, soy milk, honey, and lemonade too. holy crap, talk about a hole in one. 
[if you can't tell, i'm in love. oh, but with my food.]
it’s been my favorite “smoothie” that i’ve had out here, and i can’t get it out of my mind. i’m definitely gonna have to go back before i go home. to america. not home that day. i’m not that much of a fat a. 
anyways, as we were heading over to sacre coeur, sam saw the cute lights store from the blog oh happy day, and we checked that out for a little. 
[adorable? yes.]
i couldn’t go in because i was munching on some crunchies [my food, for those of you who haven't seen the black cauldren], but it all looked adorable, and for each “light ball”, it’s only like 80 centimes. i’m really thinking about bringing some of those home and stringing them up around my room, but i just can’t decide what colors. possibly navy and lavender? or different shades of purple? or navy with different shades of purple? my gosh, my life is just so hard. once we got to sacre-coeur, we had to walk up a million stairs to see the actual thing. correction: there was a little tram thing that took you up there, but i decided to kick my own trash and walk up the stairs of death while the others fat a’ed [fat aced, that’s a real word in the michelle dictionary<--2012 edition coming soon] their way up. 
[i don't think you can actually understand how many stairs there were. enough for there to have to be a tram. cue the mutual freaking out.]
and me and annie rewarded ourselves with some street nuts, which always smell better than they taste [fortunately, this saying is not said about me. actually, i don't know if that's fortunate or not.].

 we went inside and sat while we looked around. of course it was gorgeous inside, and of course, we weren’t allowed to take any pictures. and we also almost snuck into a mass in dutch while we were in there, but then at the last minute, this lady kicked us out. wtf lady? i was so ready to get my dutch mass on. oh well. 
after that, we walked through the city a little bit, looking at the cool architecture and watching the random street performers. it was a bit crowded because apparently it’s a super touristy area.



 [ahhhh, i love it.]
[apparently a famous cafe.]
 [gosh, those leaves growing up the house make my heart happy.]
[annie, sam, and me.]
 we headed down to the moulin rouge, since it was close by, and on the way, we saw an apartment that van gogh used to live in. and right as we were looking in it, this lady just went up, punched in her code, and went inside like it was no big deal. 
[love that blue color.]
i thought that was pretty cool. anyways, we made it down to the moulin rouge, which was honestly a little disappointing to see. 

i mean, yes, it’s pretty legit, but it almost looked like just another movie theater. with a windmill on top. nah, it was fun to see though. and the shows there were like 180 euros! that’s some crazy crap. pretty sure i’d rather go travel to scotland than watch some ladies in tutu’s dance around but that’s just me. lastly, we headed back to where we started [after we met up with tiff and anna] and saw the love wall, which was adorable and really interesting to see all the different languages. 
 [find it in english.]
 [find it in french.]
[sign language]

montmartre, je t’aime! 

4 comments:

  1. i think its so amazing you have a annie 2, brinn 2, and sam 2 out there to keep you company :) also, carly and i are loving the grown out bangs. hawttey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, find yourself a French mand STAT and go and kiss him in front of the love wall and take pictures. At least thats what Id do if I was in Franch. Of course, Id probably just kiss Nate but that works too. And you do look adorable. I love the picture hanging off of the light pole. And if I had a house in Franch like that, I would paint the door bright blue too. Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree...the Moulin Rouge was so much smaller/let-down-ish in real life. They really set you up for a fall with some high expectations in that movie, right?? And I love Lori's idea about finding a french man to kiss (but NOT to FRENCH, ho bag)in front of the love wall. Or jeez, at least take a pic with your hands shaped into a heart ala Taylor Swift. And thumbs up on all your blogging dedication! I'm completely hopeless in that department! Love you, gorgeous girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny . . . am I just in a crazy mood are did really cut loose on this one? . . (loved the hustle story !!!!)

    ReplyDelete