Saturday, November 12, 2011

but where's the pictures of meesh?


last last last [and another last? who even knows anymore?] wednesday, after art history with bernie [our teacher] in the classroom [le louvre], i met up with brynn to go to the train station to buy train tickets. 
[really cool painting that i love.]
[that louvre ceiling that just melts your heart. absolutely gor-geous.]
[bell peppers and curry chicken. mmmmm.]

we buddied up because we both wanted to actually get some traveling done the last couple weekends we have left of the trip. we headed over to the station, getting some food on the way, and bought our eurrail passes for 3 countries [france, italy, and germany] for 6 different times of travel [three different weekends, basically], and booked our tickets for cannes, france as well. p.s. you’ll be hearin’ allll about cannes in a few posts, so just hold your horses [because naturally, you have horses around you to hold right now]. 
 [so gorgeous and unreal. seriously, it was like a fairy tale version of central park.]
 [the bridge, obviously.]
[if you jumped, it would move. you better believe i jumped all around that thing.]
after that, we went and checked out some cool parks for our french class with daryl the next day and were making good time when it started to pour like cats and dogs [literally, siamese cats and golden retrievers were falling from the sky]. brynn decided to head home, while i decided to go off on my own and do a paris walk around rue de rivoli.

this was such a fun experience for me because 1.) it stopped raining and the weather was amazing [a little wet and a little sunny and a little rain-smelly-ish], 2.) the walk led me to witness cool things such as: the palais royale gardens where I basically saw the bird lady from home alone 2. not even kidding, i stood three feet away from her as millions [ish] of birds/pigeons/anything that flies flew onto her as she fed them day old croissants and bread. and naturally, since i was seconds away from her, they were swarming around me. and i just stood there. and stared. for at least ten minutes. not even moving. anybody watching would probably say it was the most awkward looking thing ever, but i didn't care. it was freakin' sweet! plus, i was listening to my ipod and super out of it. things get pretty trippy when you're listening to kanye as some birds tornado around you. other things i saw was the madeleine, which is a gorgeous church in the area. it's got huge columns like an ancient roman building, and probably is my favorite cathedral yet. but then again, they've all kind of blended. yikes. i did love that when i was sitting inside, someone started playing the organ and it was echoing everywhere and sounding so pretty. made me feel kind of like a catholic nun. in a good way. not that there's ever a bad way. moving on..

[outside]
 [inside. not the best picture because my camera was basically dead and the camera gods granted me one last picture before it kicked the bucket. you get the gist of it though. kinda.]

i think some of my favorite memories are just being off on my own out here, walking around with my ipod on shuffle and just looking at everything. there's so much going on around you, and i just love looking all over and getting lost [which i did a lot of this day] and awkwardly staring [seriously, i can't stress how awkward it was] at a bird woman. maybe if i had had two pence [grew up thinking it was "topins"], things would've gone better. oh well, whattaya gonna do.

4 comments:

  1. Shut up...its not topins? I seriously have never know. "Topins, Topins, Topins a bag." Oh no...you have just shattered my reality. Im going to watch Mary Poppins tomorrow because I bought the DVD at the library for $1. How can you not buy that. But really, its not Topins?

    Although I love seeing pics of you, these are absolutely gorgeous. I want to be there so bad! The amazing park! The amazing cathedrals! I need to see them! I think its cool that you love to walk around on your own. I dont know what that means about your future, but whatev. Anyways, gorgeous pics and loved the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walking around alone, just me and my iPod is heaven for me when I'm in a new strange place! It sounds so simple, but it's definitely one of the most savored simple pleasures. I can totally see you, as I'm reading this post. Love love love you!! <3, M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, being on your own and just taking in a huge and amazing city is REALLY fun. I get it. Also, is it really "two pence"? It sounds exactly like topins and maybe they should pronounce things better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Picture me holding my horses . . . . hahahaha

    I love you!!

    ReplyDelete