Monday, November 30, 2015

a picture's WORTH a thousand words or WITH a thousand words?

[me and you, you and mee, both of us togetherrrrrr!]
[our stake put on a special dance night for us so we could learn bachata, merengue, and salsa. it was so much fun! and of course i was spinning all over the place trying my best to be that salsa dancing emoji lady.]
[this guy was one of the many hipster guys sitting down and acting too cool to dance. i started talking with all of them and asked them why they weren't dancing and they nominated this guy to dance the next dance with me, even though he was shaking his head no and laughing and saying he was no good. well you better believe when the next song came on, i danced to the empty dance floor and pointed right at him until he came up with me. everybody there was clapping and yelling! it was so funny! we even threw a few crowd pleasing twirls in there to seal the deal.]
[with our cute new friend dariana after she talked in church]
[all of our fun new member friends from the stake dance! half the night was filled with picture taking of course. and yes, all the dominicans have amazing skin and i want to know their secret.]
[jelina and i looking off in the sunset at sosua and talking about how we never want to go back to cold utah winters.]
[angel trying to show off his muscles and me showing off my good side]
[result of what happens when the wifi is out for long periods of time and it's monsooning]
[result of what happens when the sun fries your brain. it got him to stop being all nutso for a second though! but now he grabs my hair every class and tries to recreate this moment soooooo i'd say negative points for miss michelle.]
[the joey tribbiani special. actually, this is the result of what happens when the program director comes to visit and orders pizza for the whole group and you're sitting in the prime eating spot.]
[result of what happens when your neighbor has little piglets which just so happens to be your spirit animal. i picked that baby up and we both just squealed and snorted our heads off!]
[first timers at the orphanage with the sweetest kids. fast friends with all of them!]
[macie and i don't always run to the beach to watch the sunrise, but when we do, we always have a photoshoot. because #picsoritdidnthappen]
[me and my favorite baby girl orphan genesis. i got to the orphanage on this day and they said she was sleeping. i walked in her room and she was asleep on a small mattress with three other little kids. her sister woke her up and genesis saw me and held her arms out for me to pick her up. this picture is after she somehow talked me into giving her a shower (read: she pulled me into the bathroom, took off her clothes, and handed me a bar of soap). we swang on the swings and talked about the crazy chickens and sang "amigaas para siempreeee". i love her so soooooo much! she's such a little nugget.]

1 comment:

  1. "which just so happens to be your spirit animal. i picked that baby up and we both just squealed and snorted our heads off!" I DIED. I MISS YOU SO FREAKING MUCH!!! I can just imagine you squealing and snorting and sounding exactly like that little pig!! Sam also had an encounter with a pig at Baugher's a few weeks ago and now wants a pet pig. Also, that braided hair together thing is SO cool. Why haven't we ever thought of that? Also, I'm secretly (but obviously not-- because I'm writing it on here) jealous of all these really good friends you're making on this trip because I don't want them to replace me, but I am also really excited that you are making them, because two of the girls I went to Ghana with are two of my best friends now, and probably will be the rest of my life. So that makes me really happy for you. And I'm trying to keep track of all of them and make mental notes about who is who (75% because I want to know who you're talking about when you tell me all the stories, but 25% because I'm a jealous stalker) but I feel like they ALL have blonde hair and look the same!! (is that bad? I'm white, so it's not racist. haha).

    ReplyDelete