Wednesday, July 11, 2012

my life a couple weeks ago according to my iphone


 [mondays call for reading in the park alllllll the day long.]
 [my first attempt at poaching an egg. half fail.]
 [my third attempt at making a roast. FULL SUCCESS. we fell deeper in love with one another.]
[favorite. not the best at staying away from soda and saving my money. 10 bold tasting calories though! can't beat that.]
["never eat at a restaurant called mom's" in an article at a cafe me and daddy stopped at for breakfast. guess what, they were dead right. blechhh.]
[awkward drink to share with your dad. just sayin.]
[somebody was driving this car.]
[when daddy ditches me to pay bills on the phone, i'm forced to document it via photoshoots. its only natural.]

[fish lake detour.]
[cows waiting for us to go until they crossed. i don't know why, but this cracked me up. such civilized animals.]

[i found heaven in southern utah. too bad i couldn't find a straw.]
[healthy road trip eating aka i ate the whole bag.]
[healthy-ish midnight eating with daddy. wrapped burgers and light lemonade. bought me my own because he didn't want to share. like father like daughter.]
[we made dog tags in honor of grandpa. i bffed it up with cousins jared and joshy poo. attempted to win oodles of candy...and failed miserably. how do they fit so much dang candy in those small containers! science. oh, and my drawing. i know, i'm a regular monet.]
[me and mommyla.]
[daddy and claire on her blessing day.]
[me and sweet clairey.]
[max literally tempting me with cookies all day. kid ate about 8 cookies and would pretend to go get one for you and eat it instead. atta boy!]

life's been a little fun lately.
since school's been out, i've just been working and running aka enjoying life.
and last weekend was one of those "enjoying life" times.
last weekend was the dastrup family reunion.
it was just me and daddy, but we had a freaking blast.
yes, i rode down to nephi with a random boy who fell asleep when we got there.
yes, we ate the nastiest breakfast that no amount of salt could better it for me.
but we made some good mems by accidentally getting to sigurd seven hours early and deciding to speed cruise around fish lake area to kill time.
blasting the beach boys and singing our lungs out.
"do you know what a woody is?"
[hahaha not what you think it is, but laughs were still formed.]
its seriously gorgeous down there.
and i definitely loved being one of the older cousins now, sucking at volleyball, getting addicted to the random sixtyD's that were at the park [okay, just googled them, $140?? so not ideal.], swimming with some cousins in a random hotel pool after almost getting jumped by a newbie crotch rocket rider in the parking lot.
turns out liking tommy boy and jack johnson is so yesterday now.
forgive me for liking the classics you crazy tykes.
also, at the very end we got to go to grandma and grandpa's house to go through their things and take some keepsakes.
i snagged grandma's old copy of how to win friends and influence people, and one of grandpa's army pins for my army jacket that i got in paris.
bittersweetness.

that sunday was my niece and brother joe's baby girl blessing.
clairey is the sweetest little thing in the world.
she didn't cry at all and looked so precious in her white dress.
and her older brother holds my heart. and knows it.
as long as he gives me unlimited fish kisses, i'm totally okay with that.
anyways, it was precious and i bawled, especially when joe bore his testimony.
and i ate my fair [okay, i hoarded] share of fruit and veggies at the after party.

so long story short,
it was a good weekend last weekend, guys.

2 comments:

  1. Haha...sounds like a good weekend. There were just a few too many inside jokes in there though and it made me sad that I missed the reunion. Especially since I hear that I now have to make the macaroni salad for the next 15 reunions. Thats going to be rough. Its a good thing that I wasn't allowed to go through gradma's stuff though because I probably would have come home with so much that I would have needed a bigger house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all sounds like a lot of fun. I bet it's weird to feel old now huh? I want to see what that pin was that you got of grandpa's. It sounds cool.

    ReplyDelete