Thursday, May 31, 2012

just your typical roast-obsessed blog post.


never mind the fact that it's half past midnight. 
and i'm up waiting for a roast to cook in my new little crock pot and googling recipes for things i can now cook in my crock pot [obsessed much?] when i really should be doing some a little more productive like editing papers for my writing class tomorrow.
oh well, what's a girl to do.
i am so so so excited to have some more time to start cooking again.
i'm gonna be making soups galore.
just watch me!
also, watch my bank account go from x amount of dollars [i can't share the numbers of wealth i have, it would make you all jealous] to zero in 3.5 seconds, because roast doesn't grow on trees.
don't even know what i'm saying right now.
i'm literally blogging about roast right now.
what has my life become?
ehhhh, ask me if i care.
i may be publicly pathetic, but at least i got roast.

but the reeeeal reason i am blogging [besides the fact i gotta wait for roast and i'm avoiding my homework] is to gab about this past weekend, because it was a real keeper, it was.

the weekend, in some particular order.
 [brinn, the gem. gotta say that so she doesn't kill me for this...which she will.]
 [just me and baby claire being twinners. i always know we were gonna be best friends.]
 [feasting with mom and mark. no, that's not my plate of food. just pretend it's all salad, okay? that's obviously what i do.]
 [my crazy mom after she woke up from her nap and told me i could find some juice "between the pirate and the four-tierd fruit stand". naturally.]
 [air show with mom and mark saturday morning. remote control airplanes bigger than my body.]
 [freezing cold rainy storms during the air show.]
 [meeshie no like cold rain. but seriously, i was miserable. the cold does not bring out my finest.]
 [my adorable mom who left her reading glasses on her head under her hood like a kook.]
 ["where's the beef?" always.]
 [mark goes to cheesecake factory without us, we make orange rolls without him.]
 [slowwww drooooooooollllll.]
 [my handsome daddy during sunday school. love that man!]
 [sammy boy showing me how much smarter he is with daddy's glasses.]
 [creepin' instead of reading my book at the lewis' cabin.]
 [me and max play trains.]
 [joe makes peach cobbler. i eat it all. not really. but kinda.]
 [i truly do live in a beautiful place. and i may or may not pretend i'm in germany sometimes where i look at the mountains of trees.]
 [hahaha court's sweet sunburn from laying out mems day.]

lucky me, i had a four-day weekend.
i have no school/work fridays and monday was memorial day, 
so i decided to spend it well with the ones i love.

basically, the weekend consisted of eating it up with mom and mark on friday night, spending saturday morning in the freezing cold rain at the air show, making orange rolls with mommy [those babies dominated me. seriously, they own my life, and i will forever bow down to them because they are the best, tastiest things ever], waking up for church waaaay too early sunday morning with sam, daddy, joe, and the lewis', spending hours at the lewis' cabin sleeping, reading, oogling max and claire [just can't get enough of those sweet cheeks.....on her face....], and eating my body weight in gumbo and peach cobbler, and spending lots of monday at the pool where we continued to get fried crispy [some of us more than others], went dress shopping with brinnalinn, and ended the long weekend writing an 8-page research paper monday night.

top weekend, i must say.
i'm so grateful i got to spend most of it with my family!
i loved getting to relax with them and just not have to think at all about work or school [which sucked in my favor when writing that fun little research paper monday night].
ate too much, slept too little, laughed too hard.
what's new?
gonna go check on my roast/baby/everything.

1 comment:

  1. i'm loving your cute blog and all the pictures :)

    xo,
    http://www.adashofinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete