Tuesday, August 21, 2012

the british are coming!

[me on the tower bridge in front of the london eye.]
i am seriously a spoiled brat.
okay, let me preface that thought by saying i am finally gonna do another study abroad post.
what michelle? it was almost a year ago and you're still not done and still going?
yes.
i'm a loser.
but who cares, i like the reminiscing.
back to the brat comment...
first off, can't believe i went on a study abroad.
it still blows my mind.
plus, why did i not appreciate it more while i was there?
going through all my pictures of this day seriously takes me back and makes me ache big time for 
LONDON.

that's right.
our first day in london [friday, november something], we decided we wanted to just go out and see the whole city.
aka get tickets for the double-decker buses and tourist it up!
and that we did.
and we weren't short of obnoxious imitation british accents [seeing the men in red on horses and yelling "the british are coming!" never got old...neither did "'ello guvna!"] and having our cameras glued to our hand with our pointer finger snapping like a machine gun.
or maybe that was just me??
probably.

here's some fabulous eye candy that'll make you go berserk like i just did editing them.
[stolen from maddie's fb-all us girls on top of the double decker.]

























[you better believe this song was instantly in my head, and then for the rest of the day when i saw this.]














right??
one of the things i absolutely loved about london was the amazing architecture.
never in my life have i seen so much diversity in the buildings.
and i really don't feel like architecture stands out to me but it's impossible to not notice it in london.
it's an explosion of creativity.
and there's so much in me that just wants to take it all with me and look at it forever.
hence the bazillion pictures.
oh gosh, i just can't speak enough about it.

anyways, we stayed on the buses for awhile and hopped off whenever we decided to explore a little more [topshop, the tower bridge, the london eye].
and while walking by the london eye we stumbled upon a little doughnut-making lady [she had a shop...she wasn't just standing randomly making doughnuts in the road] who gave us a little piece of heaven on earth.
[i'm a sucker for any kind of simple, plain doughnut. so yes, i put this in my mouth and melted.]

our bus passes also gave us a free ferry ride, so we took off to get in line to get on the ferry.
and came across this pretty kitty...

yes, we were beyond obnoxious but i've never laughed so hard in my life with all these girls.


[stolen from maddie's fb-left to right: me, sam, riley, kelly, annie, anna, and maddie]

then surprisingly enough, me and maddie booked it off that ferry ride down to oxford street because we bought tickets to phantom of the opera on broadway.
[i know i look like i should be auditioning for the part of phantom. it was a lonnng day without a mirror.]
it was my first time seeing it on broadway and it was amazing!
i was singing along with all the songs, 
and might have cried when christine sang "wishing you were somehow here again".
it's just too good!

anyways, this day was completely perfect.
what was more perfect was coming back to our hostel where all our girls were basically running around naked and sharing the tiniest bottle of shampoo to take showers in the public showers on our floor.
laughed my butt off until it finally walked itself to bed.
oh, how i miss london.

1 comment:

  1. How come every time you come around
    My London London Bridge wanna go down like
    London London London, wanna go down like
    London London London, we goin? down like

    ReplyDelete