Monday, October 12, 2015

we're soarin, flyyyyyin!

 [let's just disregard the fact that i look like i'm cheesing so hard right here. and that it looks like i got a bob haircut out here which i DIDN'T.]
 [what we were doing during hurricane joaquin. oops? sorry south carolina?]
[take me back to working the system and having a random guy buy us milkshakes at the restaurant bar instead of alcohol. now dassss what i'm talkin abizzout!]

but seriously, my new plan is to go to all the bars and when them guys ask "hey girl, can i buy you a drink?" i'm just gonna say "um, you can buy me a taco and a milkshake, ha haaa?" and bat my eyes a bazillion times.

also, como se dice "i have a mosquito bite on the back of my knee that is auditioning to become another planet in the solar system" in espanol? but really though. i'm starting to look like i have the pox! get thee hence, you little blood suckers.

this morning at the butt crack of dawn, i went on a run to the beach (and when i say run, i mean basically getting chased by dogs and/or horses the entire time) with one of the other teachers named katie. and on the way back, we were talking about how weird it is to look back at the beginning of teaching and to remember how different all the other teachers seemed. for example, she had run into one of the head teachers at a gymnastics place days before we came and thought she hated her, and now they're best friends. and my friend kaylee was basically scared of me at the beginning since i hardly talked at all to her on the plane ride over here and slept (correction: tried to sleep, we all remember how this was the plane ride from hell) instead with my high maintenance ear plugs and face mask (i have sleeping problems, judge me not). it's just funny to me to think that about how these people that were complete strangers to me about two months ago are the ones that probably know me a little tooooo well now haha. it honestly feels like it's bachelor in paradise or the real world from mtv out here.

and in other news, i was asked FOUR times today if i was pregnant by a few of my little dominican devil children (i'm lookin at you jhosmary) sooooooo won't be wearing that dress again! in their defense, i am a menace to their society for not having five kids and three novios at my age. they've been asking every single day for the last week if me or the other teachers have babies. and i say "noooo, i'm only 24! i'm not even married!", and then i realize i'm an idiot because that means nothing and most of their moms had them at age 14 with what's his butt down the street. so sad and so bizarre! probably won't ever seem normal to me. next time they ask me if i'm pregnant, i'm just gonna yell "si, una bebe comida para siempre!", which is spanglish for "yes, a food baby forever".

because what else would you expect?

No comments:

Post a Comment